Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Three Things

1.) I can't really think of anything in particular I'd like to see at the RBML. Sad right? Maybe I'll come up with something by tomorrow's seminar.

2.) My OED word is "legend" found in Donne's "The Canonization." I plan to focus on the definitions of legend as "the story of the life of a saint" and "a book of readings or 'lessons' for use at divine service." This notion of legend as something that is written--not just a history, story, or account transmitted orally--is interesting to me, especially when considering the idea that Donne wanted not only to canonize his love but the poem (the written verse) itself.

3.) For my criticism review, I am writing on Eve Sedgwick's English Literature and Male Homosocial Desire, either the Introduction or Chapter 1.

Hope everyone's surviving midterms!

-Devon

No comments:

Post a Comment